Presenting OTC Encore™, the first integrated diagnostics tablet powered by Android that kicks on in 15 seconds, boasts 30 years of coverage, includes an onboard battery - all at a technician's price point. Merge your diagnostics with your mobile life.
The Encore doesn’t stray from its roots as an OTC diagnostics tool. OTC took the strengths of our diagnostics programs and merged them with the Android system to provide not only a tool—but a tablet—that understands the technician’s mobile life.
- Alert technicians to on-tool or web-based repair information including Identifix® Direct-Hit™
- Full scan functionality, including OEM Domestic, Asian and European, bi-directional controls and enhanced data
- Perform a Google search right within a diagnostic session
30 Years of Unmatched Coverage
30 million experience-based repair solutions! No other tool has embedded Identifix® assets available during every type of repair, including Code-Assist™, Symptom-Assist™ and Repair-Trac™.
In the last three years, OTC has added improvements to its 30 years of OE M level coverage with critical emphasis on most common vehicles seen by technicians every day (out-of-warranty vehicle years 1996-2008 for all OE Ms).
Features: No Other Scan Tool Compares!
- 1 Touch AutoID™ - Automatically detects CAN vehicles 2005 or newer to quickly set up year, make, model and engine — all in one tap.
- 1 Touch DTCs - Tap to get codes with access to millions of confirmed experience-based fixes
- Onboard Battery - Technicians asked. OTC listened. Avoid reentering the vehicle ID and losing data when you cycle the key.
- Embedded Training Videos - More than 70 videos show how to perform test procedures or functions in one minute or less.
- Fast Touch Home Page - Custom browser home page with access to popular technician forums right from Encore.
- Direct Hit™ - 60-day free trial of Direct Hit™
- 7-inch capacitive touch screen
- Boot up and get ready to rock in less than 15 seconds.
- Built-in WiFi and Bluetooth allows a technician to scan a vehicle while browsing popular online forums to research trouble codes, easily accessible via OTC’s Fast Touch home page.
- OEM Domestic, Asian and European Bidirectional Controls
- OEM Domestic, Asian and European OBD II Enhanced
- OEM Domestic, Asian and European OBD I
- All 10 Modes of OBD II
- Heavy Duty Standard Coverage Optional
- Multiple Language Support
- Internet Upgradeable
Vehicle Diagnostic Software Information
- Scan and Scope Troubleshooting Repair Information
- Repair-Trac and Code-Assist DTC VIN Specific Tech Tips
- Symptom-Assist Specific Tech Tips
- Identifix Direct-Hit Web-based Info
- Auto ID
- Embedded Training Videos
- Battery Power
- WiFi Wireless
- Bluetooth Long Range Wireless
- Headphone Jack
- 7” High Resolution Touch Screen Display
- Operating System Android
- Internet Browser
3893 kit includes:
Encore, OBD II cable, USB cable, Power adapter, and hard carrying case
The OTC Encore is proudly manufactured in Owatonna, Minnesota, USA, with some globally sourced components.