A new solution, building on the legendary OTC 7249 C-frame ball joint kit. This extra-large C-frame uses stainless steel ball bearings to securely hold available connected cups and adapters, making it easier to setup your press to remove and install ball joints, U-joints, wheel studs and more. The connected adapter C-frame is also compatible with existing OTC ball joint kits, including cups and adapters from CA7149, CA6630, 7249, 6529, 6539, 6559 and more.
The impact-rated forcing screw pushes with up to 10 tons of force and features a striking cap to shock ball joints loose. Striking cap also helps align components for installation. A proprietary coating helps extend forcing screw durability and lifespan, for years of trouble-free service. Our connected adapter C-frame is the largest available at 2-3/4" deep x 9" wide, able to handle 3/4-ton and 1-ton suspension components.
Add up to 25 available connected adapters, purchased individually or as the CA6630 Professional Kit, to cover more than 600 vehicle models. Available CA6630MAN-18 manual features fully illustrated diagrams and how-to instructions by YMME, adapter and vehicle-specific applications.
For Ford Track Bar Ball Joint replacement, purchase adapters CA222305, CA29505, CA204508B (included in CA7149 starter kit) and CA580523. See Downloads section for operating instructions. All Ford Track Bar Ball Joint replacement adapters included with CA6630 Professional Kit.
The OTC CA6636 is:
- Easier to handle: Patented connection and adapter design uses spring-loaded stainless steel ball bearings to securely attach all cups and adapters to the C-frame
- Available as a Professional Kit for more coverage: 25 cups and adapters work on more than 600 vehicle models (CA6630 Professional Kit), 76% more vehicle models than the competition
- Available as a Starter kit: Covers more than 230 vehicle models, 38% more than the competition, with 7 adapters and all CA6636 components (Starter kit P/N CA7149)
- Backwards compatible: Works with most OTC ball joint kits, cups and adapters
- Faster to use: Locking cups and adapters set up faster on the vehicle and leave one hand free
- Hassle-free: No O-rings or removable fasteners to lose, damage or replace
- Multi-function: For R&I of ball joints, U-joints, wheel studs and more
- Connected adapter C-frame with patented secure-locking ball bearings to hold adapters in place (CA6636-1)
- Forcing screw with proprietary coating and heat-treat for long life (CA6636-2)
- Connected adapter forcing screw plug to securely hold connected adapters (CA6636-3)
- Flat-top forcing screw plug for ball joint removal (29501A)