A new solution, building on the legendary OTC 7249 C-frame ball joint kit. This extra-large C-frame uses stainless steel ball bearings to securely hold cups and adapters, making it easier to setup your press to remove and install ball joints, U-joints, wheel studs and more. The starter kit includes 7 cups and adapters for more than 230 vehicle applications, 38% more vehicle models than competitive C-frame kits.
Fully compatible with existing OTC ball joint kits, expand your vehicle applications and make R&I of ball joints and suspension components faster and easier. Starter kit comes with a 17-page manual with YMME information and adapter part numbers based on vehicle application.
The impact-rated forcing screw pushes with up to 10 tons of force and features a striking cap to shock ball joints loose. Striking cap also helps align components for installation. A proprietary coating helps extend forcing screw durability and lifespan, for years of trouble-free service.
Our connected adapter C-frame is the largest available at 2-3/4" deep x 9" wide, able to handle 3/4-ton and 1-ton suspension components. Pair with your OTC 7249, 6529, 6539, 6559 kits and more to build a ball joint kit for all vehicles, or upgrade to the CA6630 Professional Kit with 25 connected cups and adapters to handle more than 600 vehicle models.
Add up to 18 available connected adapters, purchased individually or as the CA6630 Professional Kit, to cover more than 600 vehicle models. Available CA6630MAN-18 manual features fully illustrated diagrams and how-to instructions by YMME, adapter and vehicle-specific applications.
Add CA580523, purchased separately, for Ford Track Bar Ball Joint Replacement. See Downloads section for operating instructions.
The OTC CA7149 is:
- Easier to handle: Patented connection and adapter design uses spring-loaded stainless steel ball bearings to securely attach all cups and adapters to the C-frame
- Available as a Professional Kit for more coverage: 25 cups and adapters work on more than 600 vehicle models (CA6630 Professional Kit), 76% more vehicle models than the competition
- Backwards compatible: Works with most OTC ball joint kits, cups and adapters
- Faster to use: Locking cups and adapters set up faster on the vehicle and leave one hand free
- Hassle-free: No O-rings or removable fasteners to lose, damage or replace
- Multi-function: For R&I of ball joints, U-joints, wheel studs and more
- Connected adapter C-frame with patented secure-locking ball bearings to hold adapters in place (CA6636-1)
- Forcing screw with proprietary coating and heat-treated for long life (CA6636-2)
- 7 connected cups and adapters, covering more than 230 vehicle models
- CA204508B, CA313444, CA222305, CA39976, CA29503, CA29505, CA555379 adapters
- Connected adapter forcing screw plug to securely hold connected adapters (CA6636-3)
- Flat-top forcing screw plug for ball joint removal (29501A)
- Blow-molded case to keep all components organized