The OTC 5605-DG Deluxe Digital Compression Tester Kit helps determine the mechanical condition of the engines' cylinders. The digital gauge is easy to read and can display pressures in PSI, kPA, bar and kg/c. It also can measure, record and playback compression readings on up to 12 cylinders, for quicker testing and diagnosis. Specialized adapters work on both flat and tapered seat plugs. A convenient push-button side release valve relieves pressure for repeat testing.
The kit includes standard and specialty adapters, including the deep well connector used on recessed plug well style heads and the Ford Triton engine adapter using 16mm thread plugs. Stored in a blow-molded case to organize all adapters and protect the digital gauge head. Works on gasoline engines including domestic, import, motorcycle, marine, snowmobile, ATV's, and small engines.
Compression testing is accomplished by connecting the compression tester to the spark plug hole. Bad compression readings can mean worn piston/rings or cylinder walls, worn or sticking valves, and bad head gaskets or cylinder heads, all of which can cause driveability issues.
Digital gauge powered by 9V battery, not included.
Functions and Features:
- Corrosion resistant nickel plated finish
- Adapters work on both flat and tapered seat plugs
- Extra long 26" flex hose gauge assembly with quick coupler, allows easy viewing out of cluttered engine compartment
- 2-1/2" digital gauge features a backlit LCD and rugged protective outer boot
- Measurement range of 3-300 PSI and 0-2100 kPa. Also displays in bar and kg/c